Wed, Aug 03|
THE WINTER HOMESTEAD Espaliered Orchard Workshop (1)
This full day Hands-On / Demonstration provides simple orchard strategies & techniques for creating & maintaining espaliered systems and so much more!
Time & Location
Aug 03, 2022, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Limestone Permaculture, 846 The Bucketts Way, Stroud Road NSW 2415, Australia
About the Event
The Winter Homestead – The Espaliered Orchard Workshop
This full day Hands-On / Demonstration provides progressive orchard strategies & techniques for creating & maintaining espaliered systems and so much more!
This workshop is open to all levels of orchard experience & scale!
You will be nourished by ‘Simply Homesteading’ with a ‘Garden Inspired’ Morning Tea & Lunch
TOPICS (Hands On & Demonstration)
- Various Espalier Design & Construction including retrofitting existing fences, gateways, arches etc
- Typical espaliered orchard mistakes and how they can be rectified.
- Evaluating & converting old free-range apple, pear & stone fruit trees into new Espalier Systems
- Winter Espaliered Pruning techniques for Apples, Pears & Stone Fruit
- New planting or relocating trees (bare-root or potted) onto an espalier system.
- Resourcing orchard materials & equipment
- Simply Homesteading Demonstration > Crafting cold pressed ‘Mandarin Shrub’.
Workshop Take-Aways - Workshop Digital Notes (via G-Drive Download)
- Bottle of cold pressed ‘Mandarin Shrub’.
- Apple, Pear & Stone Fruit Tree Cuttings (Scions)
Course Cost: $250.00 per person
Session: 8:30am to 4:00pm
Location: LIMESTONE FARM > 846 The Bucketts Way, STROUD ROAD. NSW 2415
Catering: Farm Fresh, Seasonally Inspired Wholefood Morning Tea & Lunch set amongst a country backdrop with Organic Tea's, Coffee and healthy Pro-Biotic Punch throughout the day.
What to Bring: Full covered shoes (Gumboots if wet) / Gardening Wear / Gloves & Secateurs / Note book
The Espalier Orchard W/shop 1
THE WINTER HOMESTEADA$250.00Tax: GST includedSold Out
This event is sold out