Sat, Sep 07|
Spring PDC2 - Permaculture Design Course
Our 12 day Part-time 'Permaculture Design Certificate' course allows for slowed & absorbed learning empowering you to live a more environmentally sustainable & healthy lifestyle on your Urban & Rural Homestead and in a wide variety of landscapes & climates.
Time & Location
Sep 07, 2019, 9:00 AM – Dec 08, 2019, 4:00 PM
Limestone Permaculture, 846 The Bucketts Way, Stroud Road NSW 2415, Australia
About the Event
For more information, please visit: https://www.limestonepermaculture.com/permaculture-design-certificate
Course: Permaculture Design Certificate Course (Spring PDC-2 course) (7th Sept to 8th Dec 2019)
Date: 7th & 8th Sept / 21st & 22nd Sept / 5th & 6th Oct / 26th & 27th Oct / 16th & 17th Nov / 7th & 8th Dec
Venue: Limestone Permaculture Farm (846 The Bucketts Way, STROUD ROAD. NSW 2415)
Includes: - Earth User's Guide to Permaculture (2nd Edition) by Rosemary Morrow
- Seasonally inspired Gourmet Morning tea & lunch throughout the course.
- Learning onsite at Limestone Permaculture Demonstration Farm.
- Guest teachers and Permaculture farm site visits.
- Course notes & presentations
- Your very own permaculture property design
Price: $1800 per person
($300 initial deposit upon registration & Balance paid using Bank Transfer by 23rd August 2019)
Specific topics include:
* Permaculture & its history
* The Ethics & Principles of Permaculture
* The Concepts & Themes of Design
* Understanding 'Resources & Yields'
* Intensive Plant Guilds, Plant Stacking, Diversity & Successive systems
* The 'Methods of Design & Systems'
* Patterns & their value in permaculture
* Climatic Factors & their impacts on the landscape.
* Basics of Ecology, Energies & the Law of Return
* Soils - Health, Aliveness, Erosion & Regeneration
* Weed Ecology - indicators & accumulators
* Trees and their Energy Interaction within the Ecosystem.
* Earth Working and Earth Resources
* Designing for Different Climates - Humid, Temperate and Arid
* Aquaculture & Aquaponics
* Strategies for Sustainable Communities
* Appropriate Technology
80% attendance & submission of design assignments are required to complete this PDC.
PDC - Part-time (Deposit)
Full Price: $1800 per person with $300 initial deposit – $1500 balance paid by 30th August 2018A$300.00