Sat, Feb 09|
Permaculture Vegetable Gardening Workshop
Gain the most from your garden & grow an abundance of Vegetables & Herbs..! Join us at Limestone Permaculture farm to get the 'dirt' on Resilient 'Low Water' Gardening, Healthy Soils, Irrigation, Composting, Plant Stacking, Plant Guilds, Succession Planting, No-dig methods & much more!
Time & Location
Feb 09, 2019, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Limestone Permaculture, 846 The Bucketts Way, Stroud Road NSW 2415, Australia
About the Event
- Assessing a garden site using a 'Site Sector Analysis'
- Setting out a garden to 'maximise' or 'protect from' natural energies such as sun, wind & water.
- Limestone Permaculture ‘No-dig’ & ‘Sheet Mulch 101’ techniques
- Construction techniques for Garden bed, Exclusion Tunnels, Hothouse & Shade-house
- Understeanding your Soils Health
- Composting techniques
- Seasonal Plant ‘Selection & Succession’ principles
- Planting Intensive Guild crops to provide stacked Vegetables & Herbs.
- Crop rotation techniques
- Incorporating Vertical & Overhead Planting into your Garden.
- Organic Pest & Disease Prevention & Management
- Know your Plants Health - learn to identify plant nutrient deficiencies
- Mulching methods
- Resourcing Materials for your Garden
Course Cost: $195.00 per person
Session: 9am to 4pm
Location: LIMESTONE FARM > 846 The Bucketts Way, STROUD ROAD. NSW 2415
Inclusions: emailed workshop notes for future reference
Catering: Farm Fresh, Seasonally Inspired Wholefood Morning Tea & Lunch set amongst a country backdrop with Organic Tea's, Coffee and healthy Pro-Biotic Punch throughout the day.
What to Wear: Full covered shoes (Gumboots if wet) / Your favourite Gardening Wear, Hat & Gloves
These workshops are a mix of classroom presentations, practical exercises & field discussions all on working a Permaculture Farm.
Permaculture your Veg Garden
846 The Bucketts way, STROUD ROAD. 2415 NSW