Sat, Jun 15|
Integrated Pest Management with Permaculture workshop
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is an ecologically-based practice that uses permaculture design, mechanical & biological controls to prevent, exclude, suppress, adapt, observe & monitor pest & disease in your Urban or Rural homestead! Learn & see demonstrated our techniques at Limestone farm.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2019, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Limestone Permaculture, 846 The Bucketts Way, Stroud Road NSW 2415, Australia
About the Event
- Understanding Key Pests, Pest Life cycles, Natural enemies & Growing areas.
- Working with site selection and ecology
- Why smart permaculture design can assist with pest management.
- Farm & garden Hygiene
- Planting Intensive Guild crops to provide diversity & reslience against pest attack.
- Plant & Pest Monitoring methods
- Mechanical, Biological & Physical controls
- Trialling Evaluating various methods of pest managament
- Know your Plants Health - learn to identify plant nutrient deficiencies
- Bugs for Bugs > using predator bugs against pests
Course Cost: $195.00 per person
Session: 9am to 4pm
Location: LIMESTONE FARM > 846 The Bucketts Way, STROUD ROAD. NSW 2415
Inclusions: emailed workshop notes for future reference
Catering: Farm Fresh, Seasonally Inspired Wholefood Morning Tea & Lunch set amongst a country backdrop with Organic Tea's, Coffee and healthy Pro-Biotic Punch throughout the day.
What to Wear: Full covered shoes (Gumboots if wet) / Your favourite Gardening Wear, Hat & Gloves
These workshops are a mix of classroom presentations, practical exercises & field discussions all on working a Permaculture Farm.
Permaculture your Veg Garden
846 The Bucketts way, STROUD ROAD. 2415 NSW