Sun, Jul 07|
The Winter Homestead - Espaliered Orchard Workshop
This full day Hands-On / Demonstration provides progressive espaliered deciduous orchard construction & growing techniques + tree & soil maintenance strategies + much more!
Time & Location
Jul 07, 2024, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Limestone Permaculture, 846 The Bucketts Way, Stroud Road NSW 2415, Australia
About the Event
The Winter Homestead – The Espaliered Orchard Workshop
This full day Hands-On / Demonstration provides progressive orchard strategies & techniques for creating & maintaining espaliered systems + much more!
This workshop is open to all levels of orchard experience & scale!
You will be nourished by ‘Simply Homesteading’ with a ‘Garden Inspired’ Morning Tea & Lunch
TOPICS (Hands On & Demonstration)
- Various Espalier Design & Construction including retrofitting existing fences, gateways, arches etc
- Typical orchard mistakes and how they can be rectified.
- Evaluating & converting old free-range apple, pear & stone fruit trees into new Espalier Systems
- Winter Espaliered Pruning techniques for Apples, Pears & Stone Fruit
- New planting or relocating trees (bare-root or potted) onto an espalier system.
- Resourcing orchard materials & equipment
- Workshop Support Information + Notes (via G-Drive Download)
- If seasonally available > Fruit Tree Cuttings (Scions)
Course Cost: $250.00 per person
Session: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Location: LIMESTONE FARM > 846 The Bucketts Way, STROUD ROAD. NSW 2415
Catering: Farm Fresh, Seasonally Inspired Wholefood Morning Tea & Lunch set amongst a country backdrop with Organic Tea's, Coffee and healthy Pro-Biotic Punch throughout the day.
What to Bring: Full covered shoes (Gumboots if wet) / Gardening Wear / Gloves & Secateurs / Note book
Espalier Orchard WorkshopA$250.00Tax: GST included