Limestone Permaculture Farm is a highly productive one acre demonstration property, designed with & operated on Permaculture Principles and located in the beautiful Karuah Valley NSW.
Limestone Farm showcases practical & transitioning examples of Permaculture Principles integrated into our Food Growing, Farm Management & Life Systems including:
- Holistic Permaculture Farm Design
- Resourceful use of Recycled Materials throughout our farms infrastructure.
- Intensive Food Forest Orchard on water harvesting Swales & Terraces.
- Animal Management integrating Chickens, Ducks, Quail, Bees & Goats.
- Market Gardening / Farmgate Produce Sales / Seed Saving & Propagation.
- Native Bush Foods / European & Native Bee Keeping.
- Hands on Homesteading & farm fresh nutritious Cooking & Preserving.
- Focusing on Healthy Soils, Water Retention, Water-Wise Solutions & Natural Ecology.
- Flourishing Plant Systems via Forest layers, Plant Guilds, Intensive Stacking & Succession Planting.
- Solar, Water, Wood Fired energy & much more ...
So after seven & a half years of hard work, building & transforming our wonderful homestead whilst working 50hr weeks full-time off farm, in January 2018 we made the complete transition to 100% on-farm working life and haven't looked back !